06 Oct Agenda 10.10.18
Wednesday, October 10, 2018
Western Riverside Council of Governments
3390 University Avenue, Suite 450
Riverside, CA 92501
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Government Code Section 54954.2, if special assistance is needed to participate in the Board of Directors meeting, please contact WRCOG at (951) 405-6703. Notification of at least 48 hours prior to meeting time will assist staff in assuring that reasonable arrangements can be made to provide accessibility at the meeting. In compliance with Government Code Section 54957.5, agenda materials distributed within 72 hours prior to the meeting which are public records relating to an open session agenda item will be available for inspection by members of the public prior to the meeting at 3390 University Avenue, Suite 450, Riverside, CA, 92501.
The Board of Directors may take any action on any item listed on the agenda, regardless of the Requested Action.
1. CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS
At this time members of the public can address the Board of Directors regarding any items within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board of Directors that are not separately listed on this agenda. Members of the public will have anopportunity to speak on agendized items at the time the item is called for discussion. No action may be taken on items not listed on the agenda unless authorized by law. Whenever possible, lengthy testimony should be presented to the Board ofDirectors in writing and only pertinent points presented orally.
A. Summary Minutes from the September 26, 2018, Board of Directors Meeting are Available for Consideration (p.1)
1. Approve the Summary Minutes from the September 26, 2018, Board of Directors meeting.
5. REPORTS / DISCUSSION
A. Amendment of Bylaws Related to the Creation of a Technical Advisory Committee (Steve DeBaun / p.5)
1. Adopt Resolution 2018-10: A Resolution of the Board of Directors of Western Community Energy Amending the WCE Bylaws.
B. Review of Environmental and Rate Savings Analysis Report (Gary Saleba / p.15)
1. Provide direction regarding moving forward with development and submittal of an Implementation Plan to the California Public Utilities Commission for certification.
C. Discussion of Potential New Members (Barbara Spoonhour / p.17)
1. Provide direction regarding whether to 1) allow jurisdictions outside the subregion to join Western Community Energy, and 2) allow jurisdictions – in and/or outside of the subregion – to join Western Community Energy prior to December 31, 2018, so that such jurisdictions could be serviced in 2020.
D. Program Schedule Update (Barbara Spoonhour / p.25)
1. Receive and file.
E. Regulatory and Legislative Update (Barbara Spoonhour / p.27)
1. Receive and file.
6. REPORT FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (Rick Bishop)
7. ITEMS FOR FUTURE AGENDAS (Members)
Members are invited to suggest additional items to be brought forward for discussion at future Board of Directors meetings.
8. GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS (Members)
Members are invited to announce items / activities which may be of general interest to the Board of Directors.
9. NEXT MEETING
The next Board of Directors meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, October 24, 2018, at 1:00 p.m., at the Western Riverside Council of Governments, Citrus Room, 3390 University Avenue, Suite 450, Riverside.