10 Aug Agenda 08.23.18
Thursday, August 23, 2018
Western Riverside Council of Governments
3390 University Avenue, Suite 450
Riverside, CA 92501
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Government Code Section 54954.2, if special assistance is needed to participate in the Board of Directors meeting, please contact WRCOG at (951) 405-6703. Notification of at least 48 hours prior to meeting time will assist staff in assuring that reasonable arrangements can be made to provide accessibility at the meeting. In compliance with Government Code Section 54957.5, agenda materials distributed within 72 hours prior to the meeting which are public records relating to an open session agenda item will be available for inspection by members of the public prior to the meeting at 3390 University Avenue, Suite 450, Riverside, CA, 92501.
The Board of Directors may take any action on any item listed on the agenda, regardless of the Requested Action
1. CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS
At this time members of the public can address the Board of Directors regarding any items within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board of Directors that are not separately listed on this agenda. Members of the public will have an opportunity to speak on agendized items at the time the item is called for discussion. No action may be taken on items not listed on the agenda unless authorized by law. Whenever possible, lengthy testimony should be presented to the Board of Directors in writing and only pertinent points presented orally.
4. ELECTION OF WCE BOARD OF DIRECTORS CHAIR AND VICE-CHAIR FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE CALENDAR YEAR 2018 AND 2019 (p. 1)
1. Discuss and select leadership positions of Chair and Vice-Chair for the remainder of Calendar Year 2018 and for 2019.
5. REPORTS / DISCUSSION
A. Approval of an Implementation and Management Services Agreement Between Western Riverside Council of Governments and Western Community Energy (Barbara Spoonhour / p.3)
1. Authorize the Chairperson to enter into an Implementation and Management Services Agreement between Western Riverside Council of Governments and Western Community Energy.
B. Appointment of Secretary and Treasurer / Auditor (Rick Bishop / p.19)
1. Adopt Resolution No. 2018-01: A Resolution of the Board of Directors of Western Community Energy appointing a Secretary and Treasurer / Auditor.
C. Adoption of Bylaws and Potential Joint Powers Agreement Amendments (Steve DeBaun / p.25)
1. Discuss and recommend any revisions to the WCE Bylaws and/or Joint Powers Agreement.
2. Adopt Resolution No. 2018-02: A Resolution of the Board of Directors of Western Community Energy adopting the Western Community Energy Bylaws.
D. Adoption of Meeting Schedule for 2018 and 2019 (Barbara Spoonhour / p.49)
1. Adopt Resolution No. 2018-03: A Resolution of the Board of Directors of Western Community Energy establishing regular meetings of the Board of Directors.
E. Authorization of the Executive Director to Secure Commercial General Liability / Errors and Omissions Insurance (Steve DeBaun / p.59)
1. Authorize the Executive Director to enter into an insurance policy for Commercial General Liability / Errors and Omissions Insurance.
F. Conflict of Interest Code (Steve DeBaun / p.61)
1. Receive and file.
G. Adoption of Agency Administrative Policies (Barbara Spoonhour / p.63)
1. Discuss and provide direction on Stipend and Reimbursement Policy.
2. Adopt Resolution No. 2018-04: A Resolution of the Board of Directors of Western Community Energy establishing a Stipend and Reimbursement Policy for the Board of Directors.
H. Program Update and Schedule (Barbara Spoonhour / p.73)
1. Receive and file.
6. REPORT FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (Rick Bishop)
7. ITEMS FOR FUTURE AGENDAS (Members)
Members are invited to suggest additional items to be brought forward for discussion at future Board of Directors meetings.
8. GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS (Members)
Members are invited to announce items / activities which may be of general interest to the Board of Directors.
9. NEXT MEETING
The next Board of Directors meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, September 12, 2018, at 1:30 p.m., at the Western Riverside Council of Governments, Citrus Room, 3390 University Avenue, Suite 450, Riverside.